The Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route/Balmedie-Tipperty significantly improves travel in the North East of Scotland
Aberdeen Roads Limited is responsible for the design, build and finance of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route/Balmedie-Tipperty (AWPR/B-T) and is now operating and maintaining the new and existing trunk roads until November 2047.
Working collaboratively with Balfour Beatty, a local team has been established in the North East to provide activities such as winter maintenance, litter picking, grass cutting and assisting broken down vehicles. Other works include incident support for Police Scotland, third party liaison for abnormal load movement and providing advice on planning applications or signage proposals.
Since early 2015, the team has been responsible for operating and managing the A90 between Murcar Roundabout and Ellon Roundabout, and for various sections of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route/Balmedie-Tipperty project as they became operational.
A maintenance depot has been constructed at the Craibstone Junction, which provides ready access to the full extent of the route in both directions.
The trunk roads maintained by Aberdeen Roads Limited:
- The A90 from Stonehaven Junction to Blackdog Junction, passing through Cleanhill Roundabout, Deeside Junction, Kingswells South Junction, Kingswells North Junction, Craibstone Junction and Parkhill Junction
- The A90 from Blackdog Junction to Ellon Roundabout, passing through Balmedie Junction, Newburgh Junction and Tipperty Junction
- The A956 from Cleanhill Roundabout to Charleston Junction
- The A92 from Charleston Junction to Findon Junction
- The A96 link road from Craibstone Junction to Craibstone Roundabout, including the circulatory carriageway of Craibstone Roundabout
The route in numbers
Cubic metres of
Variable message signs
Of road surfacing
Winter patrol routes
Contact our team
To contact one of our team, click the Contact us button below and fill out the form. A team member will respond as soon as they can.
Report an issue
To report an issue, click the Report an issue button below and fill out the form. A team member will respond as soon as they can.